Copyright © 2012 CHECC - Central Contra Costa County, CA
Statement of Faith
Christian Home Educators of Central County is a Christian support group for parents who educate their children at home. We began meeting in a living room in 1979 and have outgrown two facilities since. Our goal is to provide encouragement, fellowship, support, and activities to home-schoolers in Central Contra Costa County, California. We also see our mission as one of equipping home school parents to be able to minister to one another. We belong to the support network of Christian Home Educators Association of California (CHEA).
This is a Christian support group. As a reminder, these are the principles upon which the group operates. The objective is to honor and please the Lord Jesus Christ in every detail of the group.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative and inerrant Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:16)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Gen. 1:1, John 10:30)
3. We believe in the virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Is. 7:14, Matt. 1:23, Luke 1:35, Heb. 4:15, Heb. 7:25, John 2:11)
4. We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and an absolute necessity for salvation. We believe salvation is the gift of god brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. (Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5-6, John 3:14-17, Rom. 3:19-23, John 3:16-19)
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Eph. 5:18, Eph. 4:30, 1 Cor. 6:19-20)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they who are saved unto eternal life, and they who are lost unto eternal damnation. (John 5:28-29)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 8:9, 1 Cor. 12:12-13, Gal. 3:26-28)
8. We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. (Gen. 1:26-28)
9. We believe God in His Word has given us the responsibility and authority to educate our children in a godly manner. (Col. 3:17, Duet. 6:6-8, Duet. 11:18-21, Prov. 22:6, Psalm 1:1-2)
10. We believe marriage is God-ordained, between one man and one woman, and is intended to be a lifelong faithful union with one’s spouse. (Matthew 19:4,5, Genesis 2:18, Genesis 2:23, Matthew 19:6).
Our Vision & Mission
CHECC is a cooperative volunteer support group. Our focus is on encouragement of one another, fellowship, character building, and education in our various phases of home schooling. In everything that we do as a homeschool support group, we seek to glorify God and honor one another.
We believe the most important aspect of our lives should be to seek the Lord first, honor our families, friends and neighbors, treat others as we would like to be treated with respect and honor, to be people of integrity, and to bring all glory to the Lord in what we say and do.